Recording Civil Marriage

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jensky

Recording Civil Marriage

Post by jensky »

I recently added a civil marriage between two members of our ward. I noticed that when I searched MLS for household it just shows the brother's name and not the usual format of "Smith, John & Ashley." The spouse name doesn't show. I noticed when I selected the household it does have the wife show as in the household but with the position of "Other" instead of "Spouse." I did confirm that MLS does show them as married. Any thoughts on how to correct this? Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Recording Civil Marriage

Post by russellhltn »

I'd remove the wife from the household. Make her her own household, then put her back.

My guess is that you made them a household prior to the marriage being recorded and processed. If MLS can't found the person being added as spouse, then they're added as "other".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jensky

Re: Recording Civil Marriage

Post by jensky »

Thanks. That solved it!

Return to “Membership Help”