Leader and Clerk Resources Release 2.5

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jeffsnoy

Leader and Clerk Resources Release 2.5

Post by jeffsnoy »

I noticed in the release notes that there is an interview scheduler. I can not find it in the "action and interview list". Is it only available to specific callings? I am a stake membership clerk.
Thank you.
eblood66

Re: Leader and Clerk Resources Release 2.5

Post by eblood66 »

jeffsnoy wrote:I noticed in the release notes that there is an interview scheduler. I can not find it in the "action and interview list". Is it only available to specific callings? I am a stake membership clerk.
Thank you.
I believe that's only available to the executive secretary and bishop or stake president.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

I see it as a ward clerk. It's just an extra column with an "Interview Date" calendar picker.
Capture.JPG
(17.57 KiB) Downloaded 592 times
jeffsnoy

Post by jeffsnoy »

Thank you. That is helpful. I didn't want to tell my ward clerks until I knew it was working.
grousie26

Post by grousie26 »

This does not appear to show to the Stake Executive Secretary - Is it only for ward executive secretaries?
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

But from what I can see, it only does date. Not time. What good is that if I have 10 interviews on Sunday?

Or if I have two on Wednesday, what time are they? It seems my exec secretary is still going to have to send me an email with the schedule on it.

And what about scheduling others not on the "action list?"
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

TinMan wrote:But from what I can see, it only does date. Not time. What good is that if I have 10 interviews on Sunday?

Or if I have two on Wednesday, what time are they? It seems my exec secretary is still going to have to send me an email with the schedule on it.

And what about scheduling others not on the "action list?"
Sounds like some good feedback to send. I agree with all of these things...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The problem is time won't help unless you turn this into a full-featured interview scheduling app - including the ability to add interviews on the fly as requested. Until it does that, you'll still have to track appointments somewhere else. And the cardinal rule on calendars is that you can have only one. You can't be recording some interviews here and other interviews on something else.

I see the date is simply a way to track that there is some follow-though. That the interview has been scheduled. (Or it has happened.)

Not that the suggestions are a bad thing, but it is taking a much bigger leap than simply recording time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
artoo00

Post by artoo00 »

I believe Russell is right. The date is not meant to be a scheduler. It is more like a check-list to make sure that those on the Action and Interview List have been taken care of.

If you'd like to schedule appointments through lds.org tools, you can create a private calendar (see https://www.lds.org/callings/melchizede ... s?lang=eng). With a private calendar, your Executive Secretary doesn't need to send you emails with an interview schedule anymore. Additionally, you can add appointments without worrying about whether he has already scheduled that time or not. Subscribing to this calendar will put it on the "Leader Resources" page as well.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Thank you. So just to be clear.
I set up a "private Calendar."
either me or my exec secretary schedule appointments on the calendar.
Then I go to the "action and interview" list and enter the date of the interview again.

Is that how it is designed to work?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”