changing Branch President in a district in a mission

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
justinbytheway

changing Branch President in a district in a mission

Post by justinbytheway »

Hi,

I've been sustained and set apart as a Branch President in a mission district. I'd really like my calling to be updated in MLS so I can have access to Leader & Clerk Resources. MLS says the update must be made by the Stake Clerk.

Our District Clerk says he has done everything he can, but I'm not sure what steps he has taken. I don't think he has lots of familiarity with the system. Can someone give me an easy-to-follow set of steps to share with him on how he can change Branch Leadership? Is there a specific form that needs to filled out?

Thanks,
Justin
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: changing Branch President in a district in a mission

Post by sbradshaw »

If you were in a ward within a stake, the stake clerk would log into the stake MLS and fill out the "Leader and Unit Change Request Form" for the ward, entering information for the new bishop (counselors don't need anything special done on the stake level). He then saves the form and submits it with the regular Send/Receive Changes. Within a couple days, the request form is reviewed at headquarters and approved, and you're good to go.

I assume that the process is similar for branches within districts, but I'm not positive.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: changing Branch President in a district in a mission

Post by russellhltn »

Note that after it is done, CHQ has to review the change. Only then does it happen. So yes, it can take a few days before a new Bishop or Branch President gets the electronic keys to their calling. Longer if it's a new Ward/Branch.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”