How to change organization??

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
wrpollock

How to change organization??

Post by wrpollock »

I have a few records of men who have been inactive for some time. Their latest Priesthood office is Priest. They are listed under High Priests Group. I have others in the same situation listed under the Elders Quorum. MLS will not let me change the organization to put some of the older men in EQ and the older ones in HP. It seems as though MLS automatically put them in those organizations and won't allow a change. I am trying to change their organization on their individual membership record. I'm sure there is more to it. What am I missing?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: How to change organization??

Post by aebrown »

MLS will allow you to change the organization. The easiest way is to remove them from their current organization and as part of that process specify the new organization. Just go to (for example), Organizations > Elders, then down in the Members section, find the Remove link to the right of a member you want to move to High Priests. Click that link, then when prompted for the new organization, specify the HP Group.

Return to “Membership Help”