Deleting administrators

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
failproof

Deleting administrators

Post by failproof »

See that there were some fixes around Administrators... Appears there is still a bug where you can't delete Administrators?
As a test, some time ago, we added our Young Men's President as a calendar Administrator, by Calling. It's been months and months, and I still can't delete him. I get the spinning wheel next to the delete button and nothing ever happens.
I'm the Ward (and Stake) Website Administrator. Using Chrome 33.x on Windows 7. I vaguely remember this might have been reported, months back, but not 100% sure.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Deleting administrators

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I split this post from the topic Release Notes Latest:2.6, since it deals with a technical issue with the Calendar, not the Release Notes themselves.]
failproof wrote:See that there were some fixes around Administrators... Appears there is still a bug where you can't delete Administrators?
I am now able to delete administrators added by name or by calling. Have you tried it lately? Only within the last few hours, there was a fix deployed that corrected a problem with services. It's conceivable that that problem affected the deletion of administrators.
failproof wrote:I'm the Ward (and Stake) Website Administrator. Using Chrome 33.x on Windows 7. I vaguely remember this might have been reported, months back, but not 100% sure.
Yes, there was an earlier discussion at Removing calendar administrators.
failproof

Post by failproof »

Tried it once before posting this and again just now, with the same results. Been like that for months, so no harm in continuing to wait :)

Thanks for the reply.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I have a two-part request:

First, go to https://lds.org/header. However, you may get an error message. You may need to start a different browser, or completely close all browser sessions and try again. (For some reason, logging into the forum poisons the header process.)

Once you do successfully retrieve the header, try the calendar again from another tab in the same window. (Just to make sure the header issue isn't the same problem as affecting the calendar.) If it still fails, then if you'd send me the header info in PM, I'll forward that on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”