Calendar scheduling issues - 4/15

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dshep2020

Calendar scheduling issues - 4/15

Post by dshep2020 »

Anyone else having issues adding items to calendars? I have had several members report to me that they have been unable to add events to the calendar today (4/15). I confirmed I cannot add anything (tried multiple browsers and multiple computers). Was reported to me at around 5pm mountain and confirmed still an issue at 6:45pm. When adding new event details, I get the eternal spinning wheel of joy.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar scheduling issues - 4/15

Post by russellhltn »

dshep2020 wrote:I get the eternal spinning wheel of joy.
Yup. Doing that for me too. Probably means a service has died. Those kinds of things tend to get fixed fixed mid-morning tomorrow, Utah time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rem1701e

Post by rem1701e »

Yep, same here for both Safari and Chrome on Mac OSX.9.2
quinnevans62

Post by quinnevans62 »

Happening to me to. I can add items but if they require reserving a room I get the spinning wheel.
lewiswf1

LDS Calendar won't update

Post by lewiswf1 »

For the last few days I have been unable to successfully edit or create new meetings/events in the LDS calendar. All works well until I click on Update or Create, all I see if a spinning circle as though it is trying to update or create a meeting. I've let the spinning wheel run for about an hour without result. I can repro the issue on both IE (8.1, and 8.1 update), and on Firefox and neither is working for me. Anyone else seeing this or have any advice on how to address the issue?

Thanks so much,
Wayne
danielpurdie

Post by danielpurdie »

Just chiming in to say that I'm experiencing the same issue here on Windows / Firefox when adding a resource to the booking.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Calendar won't update

Post by aebrown »

lewiswf1 wrote:For the last few days I have been unable to successfully edit or create new meetings/events in the LDS calendar. All works well until I click on Update or Create, all I see if a spinning circle as though it is trying to update or create a meeting. I've let the spinning wheel run for about an hour without result. I can repro the issue on both IE (8.1, and 8.1 update), and on Firefox and neither is working for me. Anyone else seeing this or have any advice on how to address the issue?
I've moved your post into the existing discussion of the issue. It sure sounds like the same problem everyone else is reporting, although your description of "the last few days" sounds longer than this particular problem has existed -- I certainly was able to make changes to the calendar on Sunday, April 13.
laraleepn

Post by laraleepn »

Ditto on this issue. It's been a problem since mid-day on Tuesday (Pacific Time). Tried several browsers, have refreshed and cleared cookies. Events can be added but assigning rooms in a building gives the spinning wheel.

Most calendar issues can afford to wait a day or two, but when you are trying to block time for a funeral it's fairly important to make sure it gets done in a timely manner to avoid possible conflicts. I hope the previous poster is correct that it will be fixed sometime today.
tbigham

Post by tbigham »

Ditto, on the eternal spinning wheel of joy issue.

I have tried both MAC and PC, including Chrome, Explorer and Firefox.
I can create an event with very limited detail from the initial dialogue box, but from there, I cannot create it with more detail or attempt to update it without Ye Olde Spinning Wheel of Joy appearing.
Same issue for another member of the ward and our Stake Tech person, all starting yesterday, 4/15.

I agree with a previous comment that many issues can wait, but I, also, am trying to schedule a funeral in a specific bldg, with specific times, and hopefully the issue will be resolved quickly in this case.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I've notified both the QA engineer and the Solutions Manager for the Calendar about this problem. Hopefully there will be some action soon.

Return to “Calendar”