Missionary > Progress Record

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Missionary > Progress Record

Post by sbradshaw »

On Clerk Resources today I noticed a new menu called "Missionary", with the menu item "Progress Record". However, when I click on it, I see the message "You are not authorized to access this feature." I don't see anything in the Access Table about the Progress Record – does anyone know anything about this tool? Do only certain callings have access to it, or do I not have access to it because it's still in testing? It's certainly new and a pleasant surprise it would be if I could actually see the Progress Record from the missionaries here!
screenshot_193.jpg
(45.23 KiB) Downloaded 698 times
screenshot_194.jpg
(56.99 KiB) Downloaded 698 times
For anyone who doesn't know what a Progress Record is, it's the form that missionaries use to keep their ward mission leaders up-to-date on the work in their wards. This is the current PDF/hardcopy version: https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/e ... rt-eng.pdf
eblood66

Re: Missionary > Progress Record

Post by eblood66 »

When the new Clerk Resources was first released I looked through all the new options and I was able to view a form under this option. But now I get the 'not authorized' message.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Was the form you saw filled in, or blank?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

sbradshaw wrote:Was the form you saw filled in, or blank?
I'm not sure. I don't really remember anything in the form but that may be correct for our ward. I'm pretty sure we don't have any investigators being taught in our ward (we only have a total of about 5 non-member households in the ward).

I do remember there were several sections but I don't remember what those sections were. I think there may have been a section on less active members the missionaries are working with and there may have been an entry there but I'm not certain. I only looked it over briefly.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sbradshaw wrote:On Clerk Resources today I noticed a new menu called "Missionary", with the menu item "Progress Record". However, when I click on it, I see the message "You are not authorized to access this feature." I don't see anything in the Access Table about the Progress Record – does anyone know anything about this tool?
This is the current PDF/hardcopy version: https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/e ... rt-eng.pdf
As a stake clerk, I have access to that option on the Missionary menu, but all I get is the blank PDF version of the Progress Record you linked to. So it's not particularly helpful at this point.
royalismyrace

Post by royalismyrace »

I agree no use to put an empty PDF or one you can fill out but not save online, It should be able to save and to follow up to make more praktikal use for ward counel and Mission leaders, not to mention when the bishop needs to see. Today you are to fill in and print out this form but I suspect most units is not updating very good because its tiresome work and ineffective to.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I'm also not authorized to use this feature (ward assistant clerk). The missionaries in our mission have iPads now and keep track of investigators electronically. The church has a missionary app for the iPad. I'm just guessing that maybe the missionary iPad app will feed into this new Progress Record feature and they're testing it right now in a limited number of units.
kuuipo129

Post by kuuipo129 »

My brother-in-law asked me to convert the Progress Record into a computer friendly format. He wants to be able to type it out and print it. I have finished it allowing an individual for each row. However I have come across different methods in completing this record. Does anyone know if each row represents an individual or household? I am under the impression, from the information requested on the Progress Record, that each row represents an individual. I can't imagine trying to write information for a family of 5+ in the little boxes on one row. Please let me know so I can make adjustments

Thank you for your time.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

As a missionary, I treated each row as a household, not an individual. That said, I didn't get a chance to teach many families on my mission (mainly couples and individuals).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kuuipo129 wrote:Does anyone know if each row represents an individual or household?
Since it's for "providing information ... to ward or stake leaders", and not sent to CHQ, I think it's up to local interpretation.

If a couple or a household is all at the "same level" then it probably makes sense to record them on a single line. If they're at different levels of progress, then it makes sense to have separate lines.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”