How to reprint finance reports

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
rlgribble

How to reprint finance reports

Post by rlgribble »

Greetings.

On occasion some of my units have been unable to print the necessary reports for a check (i.e. the printer was dead). They can do everything else in MLS, but once the expense is complete how do you go back and print the Expense report and/or the Finance Transmission Report?

Thanks,

Richard.
spencermjs

Re: How to reprint finance reports

Post by spencermjs »

I have the same problem. Anybody know how to do this?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rlgribble wrote:On occasion some of my units have been unable to print the necessary reports for a check (i.e. the printer was dead). They can do everything else in MLS, but once the expense is complete how do you go back and print the Expense report and/or the Finance Transmission Report?
You don't. Those reports are no longer available afterward.

I gather that you had to hand write the check? Have the bishop approve each individual expense, since there will not be a consolidated page to sign.
benjamincarleski

Post by benjamincarleski »

I had this happen as well. In my case, the checks printed fine, but MLS crashed before I got to print the summary. When I restarted, the checks showed up in the send/receive summary, but I had no way to print the report.

I sent a note through MLS asking LUS what to do. They replied that you can't reprint that report, but you can print a listing of the checks for that day, and then have the Bishop sign that. Also, as lajackson mentions, making sure each individual expense has a Bishop's authorization signature will also cover your bases.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

benjamincarleski wrote:I sent a note through MLS asking LUS what to do. They replied that you can't reprint that report, but you can print a listing of the checks for that day, and then have the Bishop sign that. Also, as lajackson mentions, making sure each individual expense has a Bishop's authorization signature will also cover your bases.
There's no reason to cover your bases twice. The expense report is purely optional -- it is one possible way for the bishop to indicate his approval for expenses, but if he has given his approval for each individual expense, then an additional signature on the expense report is superfluous.

Return to “Reports and Forms”