Voiding Checks

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rlovely-p40

Voiding Checks

Post by rlovely-p40 »

I need the phone number so that I can call and void a check-The check was mailed but never received so I need to verify that it wasn't cashed and void it out
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rlovely wrote:I need the phone number so that I can call and void a check-The check was mailed but never received so I need to verify that it wasn't cashed and void it out
The standard Clerk support line can help you -- 800-453-3860 x23500, or 240-3500 in the SLC area.

if you don't have the check in your possession, you are supposed to call first; it sounds like you are aware of this. Once you have called (or if you do have the check), you can simply void it in MLS by going to View/Update Expenses on the Finances page, click on the blue underlined check number, and click the Void button.
gpetersen-p40

Post by gpetersen-p40 »

rlovely wrote:I need the phone number so that I can call and void a check-The check was mailed but never received so I need to verify that it wasn't cashed and void it out

If you don't want to spend the time on hold with CHQ, you could use the MLS email to accomplish the same thing.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”