Other Unit Calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
gshosford

Other Unit Calendars

Post by gshosford »

I live in one unit in the stake and work with people who live in other units. I would like to be able to invite them to events for the unit in which they reside, which is ~35 miles from where I live. With the "Classic" Calendars one could access the calendars in other units in the stake, but with the current version, one can only access the calendar for the unit of which they are a member. One can access other ward and branch directories in the stake, is there a way to access other calendars in the stake?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Other Unit Calendars

Post by jdlessley »

gshosford wrote:One can access other ward and branch directories in the stake, is there a way to access other calendars in the stake?
No. Access to unit calendars is limited to the members of that unit. However, events scheduling resources of a location can be viewed in the Week view and by selecting only the location in the "Locations" box and clicking the "Hide all calendars" link at the bottom of the "Subscribed Calendars" box. For more information see "Locations" in the Subscribed Calendars and Locations section of Calendar Help.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you hold a calling in the other ward, perhaps they can make you an out-of-unit-leader.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gshosford

Post by gshosford »

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.

To: JD Lessley - For some reason the stake administrator has activated only two of the five locations in the stake. Although I can access the location calendar for the unit where most of the people with whom I work would go, there is only one unit in that building and they apparently do not use Locations to schedule the building, so one cannot tell from the Locations calendar when that unit plans to have activities. The other location has three units meeting there, and apparently use Locations to schedule the building.

To: russellhtn: I do not qualify as an out-of-unit-leader. In addition, although there is one unit where most of the individuals where I work would attend, there are at least two other units in the stake where co-workers would attend if they were to embrace the gospel. Both of those units are in the same building. However, that building is not one of those for which the stake administrator has activated the Location option.
plimpton

Post by plimpton »

jdlessley wrote:
gshosford wrote:One can access other ward and branch directories in the stake, is there a way to access other calendars in the stake?
No. Access to unit calendars is limited to the members of that unit. However, events scheduling resources of a location can be viewed in the Week view and by selecting only the location in the "Locations" box and clicking the "Hide all calendars" link at the bottom of the "Subscribed Calendars" box. For more information see "Locations" in the Subscribed Calendars and Locations section of Calendar Help.
The week view was very helpful for me, we combine our ward activities and it's really frustrating that I don't have access to the other unit's calendar.
rdent

Post by rdent »

Our Stake High Council has a similar need. We somewhat frequently have members of one ward be ward advisers in another ward. It would be helpful if the ward adviser could get access to the ward he advises as well as his home ward.
dnewell

Post by dnewell »

I tried as directed in the post looking at Subscribed Calendars and Locations, and the solution did not work. My husband is the Agent High Councilor for a distant ward and wanted access to their calendar. He knew I was the web and calendar person for our ward and thought I could figure it out for him. I tried the solution of the week as apposed to the month calendar, and only got a blank or filled with our schedule, even when I selected the ward I wanted. Has anyone got any suggestions. He wanted to know the times that were scheduled for meetings with the Bishop for Sunday, similar to the meetings I set in the calendar. Any assistance would be welcome.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The ONLY way to access a calendar of another ward is to be an out-of-unit leader of that ward. That requires the clerk of that ward to enter them into their MLS system and give him/her a standard calling.

At this point the church isn't providing special access for High Councilors automatically.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”