Member record ending with letter "A".

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
timothycook

Member record ending with letter "A".

Post by timothycook »

I have a young man in my ward that is wanting to submit paperwork to serve a mission. The problem is that his membership record ends with the letter "A", and when he tries to submit or use anything on lds.org it does not recognize his membership number. Can anyone provide any help as to what the problem may be, or what I can do to help this young man. Thanks.
Tim Cook
Lake Reams Ward
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Member record ending with letter "A".

Post by sbradshaw »

My membership record number also ends with a letter, but I haven't had any problems using LDS.org. Which web site is he trying to log in to? Has he set up an LDS Account?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It sometimes happens that MRNs end in a A. It's a check digit thing.

As for trying to enter the MRN, try both uppercase and lower case 'A'. It may be case sensitive for some reason.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

timothycook wrote:I have a young man in my ward that is wanting to submit paperwork to serve a mission.
Make sure that his bishop has activated his recommend. A young man cannot begin working on a missionary application until his bishop authorizes it.

After that, I have found that either upper or lower case A works for almost all of the Church sites, but if there is a problem, the capital A has always worked for me.

Return to “Membership Help”