Directory search results

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
Donaldmi

Directory search results

Post by Donaldmi »

I am a blind church member. I want to comment on the directory. I understand that because of privacy the church is unwilling to allow exporting of the directory to the common membership. As a blind person the directory is almost usless because the directory result is way down at the bottom of the page and it takes time to find it. Would it not be possible to place the directory search results at the top of the page so it is not necessary to scroll down to find it. It would seem to me this would be better for the sighted as well as the blind.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Directory search results

Post by russellhltn »

[Moderator note: I split this topic out since it's a different subject]

How are you viewing the page? From a sighted person's perspective, the results are not at all far down the page. It's in the middle of three columns and only the search box itself and the page tool bars are above it.

But I have no idea how a screen reader may view it. It might end up being the last column of information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”