Directory CD and Excess manuals

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jthornock-p40

Directory CD and Excess manuals

Post by jthornock-p40 »

I need to request a new CD which contains a worldwide directory of stakes and wards, as well as the current leadership directory. I'm not sure where to request it from--any ideas?

Also, I have dozens of old manuals laying around the clerk's office. What do y'all suggest I do with those? Can I send them back into the church for credit?

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jthornock wrote:I need to request a new CD which contains a worldwide directory of stakes and wards, as well as the current leadership directory. I'm not sure where to request it from--any ideas?
I think, but I'm not sure, that would be from the distribution center. But you'd have to log in with the unit's ID, not your own personal one.

jthornock wrote:Also, I have dozens of old manuals laying around the clerk's office. What do y'all suggest I do with those?
Put them on a table with a "Free" sign. (Assuming this are manuals that are appropriate for the general membership.)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jthornock wrote:I need to request a new CD which contains a worldwide directory of stakes and wards, as well as the current leadership directory.
The bishop just got one, didn't he? You might check.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jthornock wrote:I have dozens of old manuals laying around the clerk's office.
Russell has it right with the "free" sign. I would add the suggestion that you put it by the library.

And no, you will not get credit back from the distribution center. They will just tell you to give them away. [grin]
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

Actually, unless they have recently changed their policy, you can return the items and get them credited back to the ward. We have done so a couple of times. A few years ago, we returned about 50 old Brigham Young manuals (from 10 years ago!), among other items, and they credited every single item.

Perhaps it also depends on where you are and the feasibility/cost of returning the items. Probably worth a phone call to find out, at least: 800-537-5971 or in Utah 801-240-3800.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

CHQ will not be sending out CD's for the directory of leaders any longer. Church leaders can now log into a web site to get the information. They should have received a letter telling them how to get in. If they have questions they can call CHQ.
opee

Post by opee »

DJC wrote:CHQ will not be sending out CD's for the directory of leaders any longer. Church leaders can now log into a web site to get the information. They should have received a letter telling them how to get in. If they have questions they can call CHQ.

DJC,

Will Ward Clerks have access to the online system? In the past, I think that only the Bishop was able to access the system. The Stake Clerk and Stake Executive Secretary have access (which is important to have)--will the unit clerks also have that access now that there is no CD?

I know that the Bishop would ask me when I was Ward Clerk for leadership information on a regular basis.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

DJC wrote:CHQ will not be sending out CD's for the directory of leaders any longer. Church leaders can now log into a web site to get the information. They should have received a letter telling them how to get in. If they have questions they can call CHQ.
Is this a new letter? If not, online access is limited to the stake presidency and stake clerk, and the bishop. Other ward leaders are out of luck.

Unless I didn't get the e-mail ... [grin]
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

If that is the case, then this appears to be the beginnings of an online portal for certain priesthood leaders, sort of like I envisioned when I sent feedback to lds.org some four years ago when it was mentioned they wanted feedback about the site.

I envisioned such a portal for certain priesthood leaders who would need access to certain things that only they otherwise had access to then and now. We're seeing that with MLS, and now it looks like we are seeing it further developed with the leadership directory site and a couple other things mentioned in this thread.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”