Histroy of ward callings

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
couchb

Histroy of ward callings

Post by couchb »

As a bishop I struggle (as do all bishops) with finding the right calling for the right person. One thing I often wish I had was a historical record showing what callings any specific individual has held over the past ? years. Is there anyway to mine out of MSL the calling assignments previously held by members?
eblood66

Re: Histroy of ward callings

Post by eblood66 »

couchb wrote:As a bishop I struggle (as do all bishops) with finding the right calling for the right person. One thing I often wish I had was a historical record showing what callings any specific individual has held over the past ? years. Is there anyway to mine out of MSL the calling assignments previously held by members?
No, MLS doesn't maintain any history information. CDOL does retain history information but only for 'front page' callings. On the ward level that is only the bishopric, ward clerk and executive secretary.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:CDOL does retain history information but only for 'front page' callings.
It may do more than that - now. But it won't show callings outside of the stake. So it's usefulness is quite limited.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
eblood66 wrote:CDOL does retain history information but only for 'front page' callings.
It may do more than that - now. But it won't show callings outside of the stake. So it's usefulness is quite limited.
I guess it does keep information on more callings than that because it shows my old family history consultant calling on my page in CDOL. But I don't know of any way to view that historical information except for those who are on the main page of a unit. And, as you say, it only shows information for your callings in your own stake.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

eblood66 wrote:
russellhltn wrote:
I guess it does keep information on more callings than that because it shows my old family history consultant calling on my page in CDOL. But I don't know of any way to view that historical information except for those who are on the main page of a unit. And, as you say, it only shows information for your callings in your own stake.
There are some intermittent callings that didn't get deleted properly.

As far as keeping all calling history, we would like to, now it just a matter of time and priority.

Return to “Reports and Forms”