Ward units not matching

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RBeatse

Ward units not matching

Post by RBeatse »

Our Stake created some new Wards in January and I was put into one of the new Wards (10th Ward). In my old Ward (3rd Ward), I was the Website Administrator and I was able to create new calendars and administer all of the Ward's calendars. In trying to help the new Ward, I was just asked to do the same thing. MLS has been updated to make me Website Administrator and so I went in to create a calendar that is needed. I noticed that all of the calendars were not showing in my list of Calendars but I thought I would get to that in a minute.

When I tried to add the calendar and add a sister with View and Edit privileges, I noticed that the names coming up were people from the old Ward (3rd Ward). As you can see in the screenshots, I am listed in the 10th Ward but when I try to add a calendar, it is trying to add it to the 3rd Ward. I have been showing in the 10th Ward for 3 months.

Any ideas on what needs to be done to fix this?
Also, am i correct that if I am set as Website Administrator in MLS, I should have access to my Ward's calendars to administer them?
Attachments
Directory.jpg
Directory that shows I am in the 10th Ward
(58.9 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
Calendar create.jpg
Calendar create that shows it trying to be added to the 3rd Ward
(59.43 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward units not matching

Post by russellhltn »

I suspect you haven't been released as a admin of the old ward. I think there's some bugs in that area.

Go to https://lds.org/header, copy the text, and send me a PM. I'll forward it to the developers. (Note, if you get an error, close all browser screens, or try a different browser.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Unfortunately one or two lines that start with "Error 500" is the error I spoke of. You have to either use a different browser, or close all your browsing sessions (including the forum) and try again.

The correct results should be over a page long and start with "Welcome RBeatse".
(I sent a PM too, but your notifications were turned off.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The word I've gotten is that your old ward needs to remove you as admin. That's what's causing the problems.

RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

I had the old Ward check and I am not showing anywhere in their MLS with a calling/designation. It is mostly working now. I still have an occasional issue where it wants to create or update permissions with the wrong Ward but it generally works.

I guess we can close this problem.

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RBeatse wrote:I had the old Ward check and I am not showing anywhere in their MLS with a calling/designation. It is mostly working now. I still have an occasional issue where it wants to create or update permissions with the wrong Ward but it generally works.
The developer indicated that you were made a calendar admin "by name" in the calendar application. So they need another calendar admin (I'd suggest a bishopric member) look at the list of admins in calendar and make sure you are no longer listed.

Return to “Calendar”