Non-member spouse information

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
bhaveshnjulia

Non-member spouse information

Post by bhaveshnjulia »

My husband is a non-member but attends regularly and even has a scout calling. His name is in the directory but I am unable to edit/add an email or cell number for him. I can do it for me and our children, but not for him.
It would be nice if people can contact him directly and not have to send me emails to forward to him. What can I do?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Non-member spouse information

Post by russellhltn »

Since he is a non-member, CHQ has no record for him. His name is displayed in the directory because it's being pulled from the marriage information from your record. Since phone number/email isn't part of the marriage information, I don't as there is any way to fix this short of him joining the church.

But you can ask the membership clerk to double-check by asking him call Local Unit Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:I don't as there is any way to fix this short of him joining the church.
A ward clerk can create a temporary record for a non-member spouse in MLS, and assign the calling, etc. – would contact info sync from a temporary record?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:
russellhltn wrote:I don't as there is any way to fix this short of him joining the church.
A ward clerk can create a temporary record for a non-member spouse in MLS, and assign the calling, etc. – would contact info sync from a temporary record?
Non-member records don't sync. But perhaps the calling might.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:
Non-member records don't sync. But perhaps the calling might.
When callings sync they sync just the unit, calling and membership number. Since a non-member won't have a membership number I really doubt the calling will sync. And even if it did, there would still be no contact info. That comes from the membership record.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've gotten feedback that there is no way to do this. Not even through callings. Non-members simply don't have contact fields.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”