Using PayPal to pay for Single Adult Conference Registration

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
pwilson

Using PayPal to pay for Single Adult Conference Registration

Post by pwilson »

I know this topic was visited about 3 years ago and since then I've seen many LDS single conferences leveraging PayPal for electronic payment to their singles conference on their websites. I'm curious to how they have setup the PayPal account as we'd like to do the same thing. Has anyone done this and willing to share how you set it up?

Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Using PayPal to pay for Single Adult Conference Registra

Post by aebrown »

You're referring to the old topic: Collecting funds for Singles Conference via Paypal.

Although you may have seen others use PayPal for this purpose, I see no evidence that any of the relevant policies have changed, so my policy concerns are still the same.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

From Handbook 2:21.1.22:
"On occasion, official Church Web sites may be approved for other purposes, such as multistake projects, special events, and young single adult activities and organization. To seek approval for such a site, the organization’s priesthood leader submits a request stating the purpose and need to a member of the Presidency of the Seventy or the Area Presidency."

From what I've heard, if you follow that policy, you'll be set up with a website that takes care of that for you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cherishj

Post by cherishj »

While PayPal is not approved, there is a similar tool in place called RegOnline. Please email corporatecards@ldschurch.org for more information.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”