Privacy settings problem

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
zaneclark

Privacy settings problem

Post by zaneclark »

I am an administrator and have the ability to change privacy settings for households, but I have just run into a problem. At the request of members, I can change their settings from Stake to Private, but I am unable to change them from Private to Stake...... Does the member have to do this particular change themselves?
eblood66

Re: Privacy settings problem

Post by eblood66 »

zaneclark wrote:I am an administrator and have the ability to change privacy settings for households, but I have just run into a problem. At the request of members, I can change their settings from Stake to Private, but I am unable to change them from Private to Stake...... Does the member have to do this particular change themselves?
No, you should be able to change it either way. What is happening? Are you getting an error?

Edit: I just tried to make such a change myself and I see that those buttons are disabled. I know that I used to be able to change away from private. Maybe this was a change made sometime along the way.

2nd Edit: Playing around further I found that I was trying to edit the visibility of a phone number in a household with the overall setting as Private. After editing the household visibility (using the edit link at the very top of the household display) to one of the other options I was able to change the individual settings. So, yes, it looks like it is possible to edit settings from Private to Ward or Stake by a leader.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Thank you! That worked! Although it does seem to be a bit of a run around to get the job done......
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:That worked! Although it does seem to be a bit of a run around to get the job done......
If the entire household is already private, than privacy settings for individual data fields are irrelevant -- everything is already private. So I don't see how it's "a run around" that you can't change privacy settings for individual fields in this case. I can't comprehend why you would have any need to change the individual fields in that case.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”