When I sync, it doesent show events in all buildings

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
bkt64

When I sync, it doesent show events in all buildings

Post by bkt64 »

I apologize upfront if I have missed this topic already discussed. I am able to sync the LDS calendar with my Google calendar but I can't see all the ward buildings events, even if I move it to week view. As and example, I am in a separate ward building, but when I sync, it shows only the events scheduled at the Stake Center and the Stake Park, but I am not seeing my building events. I am a building scheduler and sometimes I am away from my computer when members call to see if a date is available. At present I have to wait till I get to my computer and do this under restrictions, but I am hopeful that after some assistance and a proper sync I can see these events on my Google calendar and eventually on my smart phone. Any help would be appreciated
eblood66

Re: When I sync, it doesent show events in all buildings

Post by eblood66 »

bkt64 wrote:I apologize upfront if I have missed this topic already discussed. I am able to sync the LDS calendar with my Google calendar but I can't see all the ward buildings events, even if I move it to week view. As and example, I am in a separate ward building, but when I sync, it shows only the events scheduled at the Stake Center and the Stake Park, but I am not seeing my building events. I am a building scheduler and sometimes I am away from my computer when members call to see if a date is available. At present I have to wait till I get to my computer and do this under restrictions, but I am hopeful that after some assistance and a proper sync I can see these events on my Google calendar and eventually on my smart phone. Any help would be appreciated
The sync function only syncs events that are on calendars you are subscribed to. There isn't any way to sync events that aren't on a calendar belonging to either your ward or the stake. That function really isn't designed to assist with scheduling.

Currently the only way to determine if a building is available is by using the calendar tool itself on lds.org.
bkt64

Post by bkt64 »

When you say that there isn't any way to sync events that aren't on a calendar belonging to either my ward or the stake, that doesen't make sense since I can see other ward events that occur in the stake building or in the stake park, but I can't see the events that are occurring in my ward building. So I am a bit confused... If its not possible I understand but I just don't see how I can see (as an example, the 36th ward cub pack meeting scheduled for the stake center is on the calendar after a sync), but I can't see that same, (like my ward cub pack meeting event), scheduled in a different building. Just an old guy trying to make sense of all this new stuff. Thanks for your patience.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bkt64 wrote:I can see other ward events that occur in the stake building or in the stake park, but I can't see the events that are occurring in my ward building.
That feature is only available on lds.org when in week view. Those activities do not sync, so you can't see them on a synced device even if you switch that device to week view.

You can only see subscribed calendars. And you can only subscribe to stake-level calendars for your stake and ward-level calendars for your ward. You will not be able to see events on other ward calendars. You cannot see "building" events.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

bkt64 wrote:When you say that there isn't any way to sync events that aren't on a calendar belonging to either my ward or the stake, that doesen't make sense since I can see other ward events that occur in the stake building or in the stake park, but I can't see the events that are occurring in my ward building. So I am a bit confused... If its not possible I understand but I just don't see how I can see (as an example, the 36th ward cub pack meeting scheduled for the stake center is on the calendar after a sync),
More than likely this is because events scheduled in the stake center is being placed on a stake calendar and not a ward calendar.

If I was a betting mam I would bet that the stake center has on individuality to call who schedules all events in the stake center. Which goes against the new way of calendaring.
bkt64 wrote:but I can't see that same, (like my ward cub pack meeting event), scheduled in a different building. Just an old guy trying to make sense of all this new stuff. Thanks for your patience.
More than likely you are not subscribed to the calendar that the pack meeting is on so it does not sync. However when you are in the LDS.Org calendar you see everything in that building in the week view so this is confusing you. You must be subscribed to a calendar for it to sync.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Perhaps this will help: In the calendar, switch to "week view". Check off everything in the "subscribed calendars" area on the left side. Uncheck everything in "locations" just under that. What remains on the calendar is what will sync.

Understanding the color codes of what you see on lds.org will help as well:

If the event has a gray top, but white body, it is not an event, but rather a restriction. Restrictions NEVER sync. They also should not be used as replacements for specific events. Abusing "restrictions" is a common problem in the church calendar system. Fixing this will require reforming the way the stake handles scheduling.

If the event has a white top and a gray body, then it is an event, but either not in a calendar you are subscribed to, or you don't have a check in the checkbox for that calendar. Note, it is not possible to subscribe to a calendar for a ward you do not belong to.

If the event has any color to it, then you are subscribed to it and it will sync.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”