Editing an email address in CDOL

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
NDBarrett

Editing an email address in CDOL

Post by NDBarrett »

A member of my ward who serves in the Stake High Council is needing to add or edit his email address in CDOL. I can log into CDOL with my LDS Account however I can't find anyone in the stake past the Stake Presidency nor edit any information. How can I go about making a change in CDOL?

Thanks.
eblood66

Re: Editing an email address in CDOL

Post by eblood66 »

ndbarrett wrote:A member of my ward who serves in the Stake High Council is needing to add or edit his email address in CDOL. I can log into CDOL with my LDS Account however I can't find anyone in the stake past the Stake Presidency nor edit any information. How can I go about making a change in CDOL?

Thanks.
For a position like a High Councilor (who is not shown on the main page for the stake), the email address generally comes from their membership record. You can edit that in the Directory on lds.org or the ward can edit that in MLS.
NDBarrett

Post by NDBarrett »

Thanks for your response. IS CDOL the same as CMIS?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

ndbarrett wrote:Thanks for your response. IS CDOL the same as CMIS?
No, they are two different databases at headquarters. CDOL is the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders. It is the authoritative source for what units exist in the church and it also contains all callings in most (if not all) of those units. CMIS is the Church Membership Information System. It has all the membership information. Some data gets transferred (or otherwise shared) between the two systems (like contact information for leaders).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ndbarrett wrote:Thanks for your response. IS CDOL the same as CMIS?
I'm sure the share data, but no, they're different. CMIS = Church Membership Information System. Is the master collection of all membership records. CDOL is calling information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:You can edit that in the Directory on lds.org or the ward can edit that in MLS.
It wouldn't hurt for him to check LdsAccount.lds.org as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

ndbarrett wrote:A member of my ward who serves in the Stake High Council is needing to add or edit his email address in CDOL. I can log into CDOL with my LDS Account however I can't find anyone in the stake past the Stake Presidency nor edit any information. How can I go about making a change in CDOL?

Thanks.
If the email address has to be edited in CDOL then your stake clerk can do it, but I would think that getting it updated in CMIS (via MLS, lds.org Directory, or Clerk Resources) would be all that is required. Currently we don't actually store the contact info for High Councilors but just display what is currently in CMIS.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”