Child of Record (blessing)

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bhuff

Child of Record (blessing)

Post by bhuff »

I have situation that I need some help with. I have a child who was blessed and now that same child is 18. One parent is a member but the child does not live with them any more. The Child is showing a MRN because of the blessing. They show up on Home Teaching reports, etc. They have now moved. What do I do with this record? I understand that it is not a saving ordinance but not sure what to do with the record? Help? Not sure what to do?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Child of Record (blessing)

Post by russellhltn »

Check Handbook 1: 13.6.2.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bhuff

Post by bhuff »

I did look but am still confused. I have read and reread that section. Did I miss something? I still am not sure what to do with this person?
bhuff

Post by bhuff »

The blessing certificates of the child were printed 18 years ago... Just not sure what to do now?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Make sure you're going to 13.6.2. For some reason, that link seem to drop you off at the start of 13. The last paragraph of that section should answer your question.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bhuff

Post by bhuff »

Thank you so much!!

Return to “Membership Help”