---load members # into my phone.

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
1968leocomeeatabite

---load members # into my phone.

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

I am a Ward Executive Secretary. With the new updates to clerk resources release 2.3, I was intrigued with an ICON when in a members profile (member information). Under the name is the membership # and under this are three ICONS, email-phone-map view. The middle ICON has a message when hovering that states: "Click this button if you're on a mobile phone or have integrated VOIP to automatically load the members number into your phone."
Could you please explain this feature?
  1. Does this need to be a smart phone?
  • Please educate me as to ---"VOIP to automatically"---
  • Can you use this with a normal cell phone
  • Is there a way that I can load the ward directory onto my cell phone?
  • Does this feature apply to an executive secretary?
I am often caling or text to members for appointments for the bishop. When an answer comesback sometimes it is not immediately clear who they are. I often have to chase the number down before I can respond. I don't have a smart phone. Do I have to have one to use this feature?
eblood66

Re: ---load members # into my phone.

Post by eblood66 »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:I am a Ward Executive Secretary. With the new updates to clerk resources release 2.3, I was intrigued with an ICON when in a members profile (member information). Under the name is the membership # and under this are three ICONS, email-phone-map view. The middle ICON has a message when hovering that states: "Click this button if you're on a mobile phone or have integrated VOIP to automatically load the members number into your phone."
Could you please explain this feature?
  1. Does this need to be a smart phone?
  • Please educate me as to ---"VOIP to automatically"---
  • Can you use this with a normal cell phone
  • Is there a way that I can load the ward directory onto my cell phone?
  • Does this feature apply to an executive secretary?
I am often caling or text to members for appointments for the bishop. When an answer comes back sometimes it is not immediately clear who they are. I often have to chase the number down before I can respond. I don't have a smart phone. Do I have to have one to use this feature?
I just tried this function on my Android smartphone and it didn't do much. All it did was prepare the number for dialing. It didn't add the name or a contact. I don't think this is a way to automatically add contact on a cell phone. So unless your phone has Internet capabilities I don't think it will be useful. And even on a smartphone it isn't quick or easy to navigate to the member profile page. I doubt it would be any easier on a non-smart phone even if it can browse web pages.

BTW, VOIP basically means making regular phone calls over the internet. So if you have a VOIP service you can make calls using your computer and clicking that button will automatically dial the number for you.
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

BTW, VOIP basically means making regular phone calls over the internet. So if you have a VOIP service you can make calls using your computer and clicking that button will automatically dial the number for you.
So is this able to be done with a gmail account? or what are the services that are available to do this? I assume that I would need a microphone hooked up to my computer? Sorry this is probably some pretty basic question. Probably much that I do not understand?

Also the last post was almost a year ago, is there any update or something new about getting that number on to my phone or being able to id the person that is calling me?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:about getting that number on to my phone or being able to id the person that is calling me?
For a mobile phone, that would be LDS Tools. I don't know as there's any support for other kinds of phones outside of what LCR supports. Sorry, I can't be more help, but I don't have access to LCR myself. You might check the Help file
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”