Membership record received- Send back to prior unit?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
crookloren

Membership record received- Send back to prior unit?

Post by crookloren »

I just received a membership record that was obviously sent to the wrong address. Another person with a similar name is living at the address, which is in my ward, and I already have his membership record. They are definitely not the same person, and there is no known connection between the two. Can I send the record back to the previous unit?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Membership record received- Send back to prior unit?

Post by russellhltn »

Who is the prior unit? If it's not address unknown, I'd call them. Otherwise they are likely to send it right back.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crookloren

Post by crookloren »

Yes, I called, but the phone number is no longer in service. Phone number from the CDoL. Can I send it back to them without an address to send it to?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

crookloren wrote:Can I send it back to them without an address to send it to?
Sure. Just give a unit number.

Alrhough I think I'd try sending a short note in place of the address: "received with no address".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”