Ex-Ward Member Getting Calendar Alerts Emails

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
KehrerRL

Ex-Ward Member Getting Calendar Alerts Emails

Post by KehrerRL »

I have a strange situation where a person who moved out of our ward over a year ago has contacted me as the ward clerk and indicated that he is getting emails alerting him calendar events from our ward. These are events that were not even on calendar when he used to be in the ward. I've double checked that his records do not show in our MLS system and haven't for a long time.

Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ex-Ward Member Getting Calendar Alerts Emails

Post by russellhltn »

He needs to log into the calendar system and go to the subscription page. That will trigger the system to update his ward. There is nothing you can do at your end.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Russellhltn's suggestion is most likely to resolve the issue. If it doesn't, another possible reason is that the person's email address was entered into another person's record. This could happen if 1) email addresses were being entered in from a spreadsheet or something similar and the record keeper followed across the line down to the next line; or 2) members of his family still remain in your ward (who previously were considered part of the same household and had the same household email address).
jirp

Post by jirp »

One other possible is if they are listed by name rather than by calling in a calendar's access rights. If I understand correctly then leaving the ward won't wipe them off.
spetee

Post by spetee »

This is similiar to my problem...I am the ward member getting the notifications. When I go into the subscriptions on my lds.org it has my current ward and stake, but I'm still getting the notifications from my previous stake. There is no one from my family left in the previous ward, so no one else should have my email address. Any other ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

spetee wrote:This is similiar to my problem...I am the ward member getting the notifications. When I go into the subscriptions on my lds.org it has my current ward and stake, but I'm still getting the notifications from my previous stake. There is no one from my family left in the previous ward, so no one else should have my email address. Any other ideas?
Just to be clear, you're still getting emails from the old ward even after you verified your subscriptions? And these are calendar emails, not something being done by an individual?

Did you hold calendar editing rights in your old ward/stake?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”