Potential Seminary Students.

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
BishopM

Potential Seminary Students.

Post by BishopM »

I'm a new ward clerk and have been asked to put together a list or report of youth that will be entering 9th grade next year. I figure it is for seminary registration. I am at home on Clerk Resources and have not been able to get to the clerks office to see if that is available on MLS. Is something like that a possibility without asking all youth, who is in 8th grade this year?

Craig Manwaring
eblood66

Re: Potential Seminary Students.

Post by eblood66 »

BishopM wrote:I'm a new ward clerk and have been asked to put together a list or report of youth that will be entering 9th grade next year. I figure it is for seminary registration. I am at home on Clerk Resources and have not been able to get to the clerks office to see if that is available on MLS. Is something like that a possibility without asking all youth, who is in 8th grade this year?

Craig Manwaring
Clerk Resources and MLS will provide ages but not grades. The ages may help determine who you need to ask but you'll have to ask someone to find out which youth are in which grades. The youth themselves, parents and youth leaders are all possibly sources. In my experience the bishopric member over that age group may also have a good idea.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Depending on the makeup if your membership, you might be able to get a better idea if you find out the rules for starting school in your area and then look at birth dates. Some systems require children to be of a certain age by the start of the school year, others require the child to turn a certain age by the end of the calendar year.

Of course this may not work for children who have moved into the area, so you'd still have to confirm.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BishopM

Post by BishopM »

Thank you. I also found a post on the forum talking about potential seminary students and a report the stake clerks can access for the stake and individual ward levels. Sent him an email.
Thank you for your help and replies.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

BishopM wrote:Thank you. I also found a post on the forum talking about potential seminary students and a report the stake clerks can access for the stake and individual ward levels. Sent him an email.
Thank you for your help and replies.
You can probably access that report yourself at seminary.lds.org (click on Register and then Sign In) nowadays. It will list all of the youth in or close to seminary age. If they have already attended seminary it will have their grade. But for students who haven't attended seminary already you'll still have to verify whether they are in 8th or 9th grade.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

There are a couple of reports in MLS that will get you started. Look for "Seminaries and Institutes" under other resources. You will still need to verify the correct grade with the youth or parents.

Return to “Reports and Forms”