I can't change my personal information.

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
Cynthia.Martin

Post by Cynthia.Martin »

The edit button won't let me change my phone and addy, which are obsolete, and have been for some time. All it does is ask me who I want to be available to see the info. There is no change button on my page. It also won't let me upload a photo, though I have tried three different browsers for these problems. I've used Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google. I'm at a loss as for what to do.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: I can't change my personal information.

Post by russellhltn »

If you go in and edit your visibility, you should see a field to change the data.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

You will be able to change your phone number, but not your address. You will need to ask your ward clerk to update your address for you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You can change your email address, but not your residence or mailing address. Those have to go through a clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
andreakayw

Post by andreakayw »

I have tried several times to change my privacy settings from private to stake, but the system won't let me change. I can click on the stake button, but it stays on private. What do I do?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

andreakayw wrote:I have tried several times to change my privacy settings from private to stake, but the system won't let me change. I can click on the stake button, but it stays on private. What do I do?
Interesting. I checked on mine - it doesn't appear to take until I log in using a new session. Then I find the setting has saved.

eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

andreakayw wrote:I have tried several times to change my privacy settings from private to stake, but the system won't let me change. I can click on the stake button, but it stays on private. What do I do?
What is the household setting? If the household is set to private then none of the individual settings can be set higher.
jannyblanco21

Post by jannyblanco21 »

I cannot edit my Birthday. Instead of 21 January, it keeps on going back to 20 January
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jannyblanco21 wrote:I cannot edit my Birthday. Instead of 21 January, it keeps on going back to 20 January
lds.org doesn't provide any way for members to change their own birthdates. If you're birthdate is wrong on your membership record you need to contact your membership or ward clerk and have them make the change.
seriti

Post by seriti »

I can't change my personal information. After pressing the account settings button under the logged on user name, the page that follows keeps displaying "loading content" please help!

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”