18-year-old Young Woman

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ldskraig

18-year-old Young Woman

Post by ldskraig »

I know that a young woman can go to Relief Society when she turns 18, but it is my understanding that she can also remain in her Laurel class until she graduates from high school. In MLS, it appears that you are not allowed to add an 18-year-old young woman to the class presidency, as the only valid candidates it shows are 16 and 17-year-olds. So can an 18-year-old young woman be called to the Laurel presidency, and if so, does MLS need to be changed to allow this?
eblood66

Re: 18-year-old Young Woman

Post by eblood66 »

ldskraig wrote:I know that a young woman can go to Relief Society when she turns 18, but it is my understanding that she can also remain in her Laurel class until she graduates from high school. In MLS, it appears that you are not allowed to add an 18-year-old young woman to the class presidency, as the only valid candidates it shows are 16 and 17-year-olds. So can an 18-year-old young woman be called to the Laurel presidency, and if so, does MLS need to be changed to allow this?
MLS will only allow members of the Laurel class to be added to the Laurel presidency. By default MLS will automatically move 18 year old young women into the Relief Society organization. However, you can easily move them back to the Laurel class which will allow them to be added to the presidency.

Go to the Relief Society organization in MLS. In the member list find the young woman and click the Remove link. In the popup dialog it will allow you to select another organization to move them to. Select the Laurels and click OK.
gregneg

Post by gregneg »

That "remove" thing is no longer there. MLS 3.7.0

What now?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

gregneg wrote:That "remove" thing is no longer there. MLS 3.7.0

What now?
It's still there in MLS 3.7.0 as far as I can see. So they didn't just wholesale remove it. But I remember seeing at least once that it was missing in my test install. If I remember right it didn't show up until I added at least one person to the Relief Society organization. But that wouldn't be a problem in a real installation. Hopefully someone else has see that before.
gregneg

Post by gregneg »

eblood66 wrote:

What now?
But I remember seeing at least once that it was missing in my test install. If I remember right it didn't show up until I added at least one person to the Relief Society organization.
It isn't just a RS/ YW thing -- I also just ran into it trying to do some HP/EQ shuffles. I tried getting another with Admin privileges to sign in to see if it was a Membership Clerk access issue (like the inability to see the custom callings report). "Remove" isn't there with Admin rights, either. I will be calling Tech Support on a weekday to see if I can get this sorted out.

Meanwhile -- how were you able to add someone to RS to enable the "remove"
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

gregneg wrote:
eblood66 wrote:

What now?
But I remember seeing at least once that it was missing in my test install. If I remember right it didn't show up until I added at least one person to the Relief Society organization.
It isn't just a RS/ YW thing -- I also just ran into it trying to do some HP/EQ shuffles. I tried getting another with Admin privileges to sign in to see if it was a Membership Clerk access issue (like the inability to see the custom callings report). "Remove" isn't there with Admin rights, either. I will be calling Tech Support on a weekday to see if I can get this sorted out.

Meanwhile -- how were you able to add someone to RS to enable the "remove"
I think that I reset the organizations on a sister over 19. But I think that problem was just an artifact in the test installation (which doesn't get the download from the CHQ systems which would normally setup each organization).

Which does suggest that doing a unit data refresh might help. Just a guess though.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

We haven't removed it. I just checked both MLS 3.7.0 and MLS 3.7.1 and the remove link is there on my installation.
gregneg

Post by gregneg »

scgallafent
Two things come to mind:
1. 3.7.1???
2. I have WinXP on a machine that is supposed to be replaced "soon".
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

gregneg wrote:Two things come to mind:
Two responses:
gregneg wrote:1. 3.7.1???
Yes. There are currently 23 units running a beta version of 3.7.1.
gregneg wrote:2. I have WinXP on a machine that is supposed to be replaced "soon".
That shouldn't make a difference. The QA engineers test on both Windows 7 and Windows XP, so they would have run into this recently if it was missing. I can see where this functionality was tested twice in April as part of testing other changes.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Just checked https://www.lds.org/callings/melchizede ... s?lang=eng and noted that 3.7.1 is due for release on 13 June 2014. As we are well aware this date may slip as unforeseen bugs etc., present themselves.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”