Urgent Task -- Not

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Urgent Task -- Not

Post by lajackson »

Has anyone else noticed with MLS 3.7.0 that every time it starts, the Urgent Task popup appears, even when there is no urgent task to perform?
TinMan

Re: Urgent Task -- Not

Post by TinMan »

See story: "Boy who cried 'Wolf'."

Soon, I learn to ignore it.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I had noticed before MLS 3.7 that the "MLS has not been backed up recently" message did not go away. I always click the Exit button, and then tell it where to save the backup. But the urgent task remained.

After I installed MLS 3.7, I decided to click the backup "urgent task" just for fun. When the backup was complete, the urgent task displayed a green check mark. I will be interested to see what urgent task appears the next time I use MLS.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:I had noticed before MLS 3.7 that the "MLS has not been backed up recently" message did not go away.
This message almost always appears when exiting MLS because of changes made in Finances.

I am speaking about when MLS first starts, before anything else happens, when here truly are no urgent tasks (of which we are aware).
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Right. Over the past few weeks, I began to wonder what "recently" meant. I would make a backup during the exit process on Saturday, and when I started MLS on Tuesday, the message would pop up that I had urgent tasks to perform. The only urgent task listed was that MLS had not been backup up recently. Recently? Three days?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

But my question concerns starting MLS, getting the Urgent Task popup, and then finding that there are no urgent tasks listed at the urgent task screen. This began with MLS 3.7.0.

It seems to me that if there are no urgent tasks to perform, the urgent task should not popup.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I will find out tomorrow if the same thing happens to me. Last Saturday, I clicked on that urgent task to force a backup, and it disappeared. Perhaps when I start MLS tomorrow, I will also see an empty urgent task screen.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Brother Larry is right again, as usual. I now have an Urgent Task pop-up, but no urgent tasks displayed in the list. That's OK. I ignore urgent reminders every day, and I don't mean my wife.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

lajackson wrote:It seems to me that if there are no urgent tasks to perform, the urgent task should not popup.
Some people are so picky! I'll keep an eye on it when testing and see if I can pin something down.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

scgallafent wrote:
lajackson wrote:It seems to me that if there are no urgent tasks to perform, the urgent task should not popup.
Some people are so picky! I'll keep an eye on it when testing and see if I can pin something down.
Well, I can ignore the popup with the best of them! But I would rather not. Thanks for looking into it.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”