Emailing articles from my iPad does not work..

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
boatfreak

Emailing articles from my iPad does not work..

Post by boatfreak »

I'm trying to email friends articles from Gospel Library using my iPad. I use the email function built into Gospel Library by selecting the icon in the bottom left corner. When I do this it takes me to a screen asking me to set up an email account. I've already set up an email account in Gmail. It doesn't allow me to go further and actually give me a screen where I can input The name of a person.

What am I doing wrong?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Emailing articles from my iPad does not work..

Post by jdlessley »

boatfreak wrote:When I do this it takes me to a screen asking me to set up an email account. I've already set up an email account in Gmail.
It sounds like you have not set up your iPad to use Gmail in the Mail application. If you access your Gmail account in the browser mode then you will need to set up your iPad to access the Gmail account through iPad's Mail application.

Make sure you successfully test the iPad Mail app to send and receive messages before trying to use the e-mail function within Gospel Library.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is the GMail app separate from the Mail app? I know it is in Android. I'm not sure if there's a way to get the GL App to call the GMail app instead of the Mail app.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:Is the GMail app separate from the Mail app? I know it is in Android. I'm not sure if there's a way to get the GL App to call the GMail app instead of the Mail app.
Yes, the Gmail app is separate from the built-in Mail app. In order to send email messages from Gospel Library (or LDS Music, etc.) you need to have set up your Gmail account in the built-in Mail app. It is pretty simple to set up. I'm pretty sure there's no way to send from Gospel Library using the Gmail app.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”