Priesthood Blessings

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
dsgunn130908

Priesthood Blessings

Post by dsgunn130908 »

Hi All,

out of curiosity when should a blessing be stopped if the person ordaining a person to the M/priesthood said the ordination wrong? should it be stopped during the ordination or after and then made to restart and give the ordination again?
Gary_Miller

Re: Priesthood Blessings

Post by Gary_Miller »

A correction should be made right at the time of the mistake.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

If the presiding officer is standing next to the person performing the ordination and says something, the correction can usually be made right then and the ordination continued without having to start over.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

That is how the bishop corrected me when I confirmed my youngest son. It was quick and painless, and appreciated.
On the other hand, when the presiding officer is performing the ordinance and makes a mistake, others in the circle, are usually unwilling to correct him. Such is life.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

LOL... not my experience. That is what I have counselors for. To tell me when I am setting apart a laurel president when i just said mia maid president. :)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

TinMan wrote:LOL... not my experience. That is what I have counselors for. To tell me when I am setting apart a laurel president when i just said mia maid president. :)
Amen. I think a bishop or stake president would appreciate a counselor whispering in his ear if something is amiss.

Return to “General Discussions”