Problem getting messages to send to some individuals

This forum will hold posts about new technologies and how they could be or are being used to benefit the Church.
mouritc

Problem getting messages to send to some individuals

Post by mouritc »

I seem to have a problem getting messages to send to some individuals. Some times as an new individual gets a new calling, when I send a message, they do not get the message. I have tried to look at the e-mail address they have listed, and it is correct. If I use my own personal e-mail, it will send an e-mail message to them fine, it will just not work in lds.org, send a message. Has any one else had this problem, and if so, how do I resolve this issue.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Problem getting messages to send to some individuals

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: This thread was split from the Traditional mailing list? thread because the topics are different. Please follow the Code of Conduct that states, "Do not start a new topic in an existing thread; instead start a new thread."
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

have you made sure the calling was already showing on lds.org?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Has the person checked their junk mail box? Because the LDS.org email system doesn't actually connect to your email account to send the message, but instead "pretends" to be your email account, it is likely to be caught by some spam filters.
jed35

Post by jed35 »

The problem is that lds.org is impersonating the sender.
What they need to do is use DKIM to sign the message so that the message shows up as

from soandso via lds.org

More info here.
https://support.google.com/mail/trouble ... 08,2410911

I recommend using your own email client and copying and pasting email addresses in there.

Return to “Emerging Technologies”