How to manager NFS Source Code ?

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
dorivalac-p40

How to manager NFS Source Code ?

Post by dorivalac-p40 »

I may see the NFS source code ? and do changes in code ?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What code are you wanting to look at? nFS is a website/service.

The only thing available to developers is the API (Application Program Interface). I believe there is source code for the API to use as an example for your own application to communicate with nFS.
dorivalac-p40

Great notice !!!

Post by dorivalac-p40 »

My idea is inprove the GEDCOM file when it is send to NFS...

Realize: My goal is send the GEDCOM file (from PAF) with the Person identifierPerson identifier inside each file that may be in NFS.

Today sending GEDCOM file to NFS is not Recommended becouse this action may add repeated names in NFS....

Well ! i will studing the API resource

thanks.
garysturn

newFamilySearch

Post by garysturn »

dorivalac wrote:My idea is inprove the GEDCOM file when it is send to NFS...
Realize: My goal is send the GEDCOM file (from PAF) with the Person identifierPerson identifier inside each file that may be in NFS.
Today sending GEDCOM file to NFS is not Recommended becouse this action may add repeated names in NFS....
Well ! i will studing the API resource
thanks.
We are being asked not to submit by GEDCOM, names which are already in newFamilySearch (nFS) at this time. If everyone were to submit all thier duplicate names it would overwhelm the system and stop the rollout. We are waiting for programs that will Syncronize data between our personal databases and the nFS. These programs will be released once newFamilySearch is able to accomidate the increased work load these programs will create. Companies like Ohana Software, Legacy Software, and others are working on new versions of their software which will syncronize our personal data with nFS. These new programs should be available soon, several of these companies have programs in beta testing now. These new programs work through the newFamilySearch API to sync data. This will allow us to sync both ways to and from nFS. If you are familiar with PAF Insight which searches the IGI and merges data with our PAF files you might have an idea how their new product Family Insight will work. Family Insight will work directly with nFS to sync our personal data both ways with the nFS.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”