Can auxiliary leaders/secretaries access rolls online?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
cougs

Can auxiliary leaders/secretaries access rolls online?

Post by cougs »

As ward clerk I can print rolls via lds.org, but do the organization leaders have access to this functionality?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cougs wrote:As ward clerk I can print rolls via lds.org, but do the organization leaders have access to this functionality?

As noted in this post, organization leaders do not currently have access, but will in the future.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
cougs

Post by cougs »

aebrown, you are always so helpful. Thank you.
jennie.bruce

Re: Can auxiliary leaders/secretaries access rolls online?

Post by jennie.bruce »

I have another question: Is the church developing anything where auxiliary secretaries can access their rolls on their tablet or ipad and then upload the roll?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jennie.bruce wrote:I have another question: Is the church developing anything where auxiliary secretaries can access their rolls on their tablet or ipad and then upload the roll?
Not that they've told us. But then we rarely get to know about what they are working until it's made available.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ClarkHall

Post by ClarkHall »

Do the organization secretaries have access to print the attendance rolls from LDS.ORG yet?
I can not seem to find the link if they can.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

clarkhall wrote:Do the organization secretaries have access to print the attendance rolls from LDS.ORG yet?
I can not seem to find the link if they can.
They have access to the directory, just like all members. But that's not in attendance roll format and would not include members who have set their visibility to "Private - Leaders only".

Access to anyone outside of the Stake Presidency, Bishopric, and clerks is very slow in coming. I have no idea of a date - or a year.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jennie.bruce wrote:I have another question: Is the church developing anything where auxiliary secretaries can access their rolls on their tablet or ipad and then upload the roll?
Accessing the roll is likely to come sooner than uploading the roll (I assume you mean saving who was there and who wasn't when attendance is recorded), as there isn't any system yet for recording (even in MLS) who attends... but it would be very handy.
ClarkHall

Post by ClarkHall »

I can see no good reason why every member of the Ward with an account should not be able to print attendance rolls. They can print the Directory which has a lot more information. This would release a lot of stress on leaders that need rolls and should not need to travel to the chapel to get it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

clarkhall wrote:They can print the Directory which has a lot more information.
Not quite. Members can set their privacy levels such that no one other than a stake presidency or bishopric member can see that they exist. So while the directory does contain more information than a attendance roll, what the average member sees may not be complete. Therefor, an attendance roll available to members would be inaccurate.

It's governed by the local laws of what can and can't been seen on-line.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”