Missing Families

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Missing Families

Post by lajackson »

rich wrote:When I log-in and search for a family in the stake (different unit than mine), the record doesn't appear. The same occurred for my wife on her account.

I asked a stake clerk to log-in with his account and he was able to see the family in the correct unit.

Is there some filtering going on that makes searching another unit inaccurate?
One possible cause is that the member in question has restricted access to the information. The stake clerk would still be able to see the family, but no one else would.

[Moderator note: Please do not post personal information to the Forum, even temporarily. There is no one here at the Forum who will be able to technically solve this problem.

This Forum is a discussion group. Others may identify reasons for what is happening, but no one here can change or fix a problem. That needs to happen via feedback through other channels.]
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Each member can set their visibility settings information to one of three levels: Stake, Ward, Private-Leadership only. If the family in question has their visibility set to anything but stake, you will not be able to see them. The Stake Clerk is considered a Leader and will be able to see them regardless of the settings.

As such, there is no evidence of a technical problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rich

Post by rich »

That's what it was. The member was unaware it was set to 'ward visibility'. He set it back to 'stake visibility' enabling other units to see his family info. Thanks for reminding me of that feature.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”