Incomplete Download?

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
davidsm

Incomplete Download?

Post by davidsm »

I updated the GL on my Kindle Fire HDX. Most new features I love, but as I've browsed through various manuals, I've encountered a problem. Specifically, the last chapter of the "Preach My Gospel" manual is missing. I have the title of the last chapter, "How Do I Work with Stake and Ward Leaders," but that is it. It shows (approx) page 213, but nothing else follows. Did I do something wrong? Do I need to refresh the catalog? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall it?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Incomplete Download?

Post by aebrown »

I'm seeing the same thing. My guess is that the content for that particular chapter has a problem. Note that although it is the last full chapter, it's not the last section; there's a following section called "Remember This." So I don't think it's an issue that PMG was truncated, but simply that there's something wrong with that particular chapter. I removed the content and downloaded it again, but the problem persists.

I think all you can do is report the problem and hope it gets fixed.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I can also see content missing from Preach My Gospel on my 'droid device, namely, "13 Stake and Ward Leaders" shows just the title, but no content. It seems the error is on the church's end and not yours. I'll pass on a note to them. Might not hurt to send one yourself.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidsm

Post by davidsm »

Where do I go to send a message to them about the problem?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

davidsm wrote:Where do I go to send a message to them about the problem?
You can use the app's Send Feedback feature (on the Help menu). Or you can send an email to android-support@ldsmail.net.
davidsm

Post by davidsm »

Well, I sent them the information on the issue and I ended up receiving 2 replies. They are as follows:

1. "I'm sorry David, there is no current remedy for users. The problem is on our end. And we are working to resolve the issue. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience."

2."I'm sorry, David. They couldn't offer a solution because there's not one available to users. As a problem on our end. The content team is aware of it and are working to resolve it. Unfortunately I don't have a timeline to report to you. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience."

So, sports fans... we'll just sit back and wait. Since that specific book is quite heavily used and referenced nowadays, I'll have to rely on the compact hard copy I recently bought for myself.
davidsm

Post by davidsm »

Problem fixed. I did a refresh of the GL catalogue last night and, VIOLA! There was the complete manual as it should appear. YAY! Thanks LDSTech!

Return to “Android Gospel Library”