Officers Sustained, Stake Asst. Exec. Sec.

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Officers Sustained, Stake Asst. Exec. Sec.

Post by sbradshaw »

In preparing for a stake conference next weekend we noticed that our Stake Assistant Executive Secretary was not showing up in the Officers Sustained form (I checked MLS and Clerk.LDS.org). Is there a reason for this? Are Stake Assistant Executive Secretaries not to be sustained by name? Or, is it a bug of some sort?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Officers Sustained, Stake Asst. Exec. Sec.

Post by russellhltn »

I assume you've already checked that he's showing up in a standard calling (not in orange print in CDOL)?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Yes, it shows as a standard calling (black print) in CDOL.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Interesting. It's not listed in the chart of callings in Handbook 2 (following 19.6).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You're right; that is interesting. It is a standard calling in MLS (on the stake level, not on the ward level – there is no Ward Assistant Executive Secretary). Could it be different somehow because I'm in a Young Single Adult stake?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Could it be different somehow because I'm in a Young Single Adult stake?
Doubtful. I think the developers followed the chart of callings, but because it's not listed, it wasn't put in the forum.

I think either it's supposed to be included in one of the other sections or it's an oversight.

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm curious as to why this hasn't come up on the forum before – you'd think it would've been noticed by now, unless it's an uncommon calling in a stake.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

This is one of those callings that comes under the category of "all other stake officers as presently constituted." There are many other stake callings that are not specifically sustained when the List of Officers Sustained is presented in stake conference each year.

I have never lived in a stake that had an assistant executive secretary, although I am aware that there are a number of stakes with this calling.

Return to “Reports and Forms”