export households from ward directory?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
scottlynnrichards

Re: export households from ward directory?

Post by scottlynnrichards »

As Ward building cleaning coordinator I can't make my assignments without a digital list of ward members. Could someone please help by providing a solution to get access to the export again.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

scottlynnrichards wrote:As Ward building cleaning coordinator I can't make my assignments without a digital list of ward members. Could someone please help by providing a solution to get access to the export again.
As you can read in this post, access to the export on the Directory on LDS.org was intentionally removed for everyone except bishoprics, stake presidencies, and clerks. You won't be getting access to that export again.

As that linked post also says, if you need access to membership lists for your calling, you'll need to contact your ward clerk.
arick

Post by arick »

Given the fact that providing the capability to export a ward list was intentionally removed sometime in 2007, wouldn't it be a good idea to update the online help text to reflect the fact that this functionality is restricted by calling?
arick

Post by arick »

If you trace this thread back far enough, it was reported that this feature was intentionally restricted to certain callings.
It would appear that, due to legal issues in certain countries, this features availability to the general membership will probably occur on the first patch following the rapture.
A correction to the online help text, that states the limitation of this feature to certain callings, will probably be available immediately after this restriction has been removed.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

arick wrote:Given the fact that providing the capability to export a ward list was intentionally removed sometime in 2007, wouldn't it be a good idea to update the online help text to reflect the fact that this functionality is restricted by calling?
Actually the change to restrict that capability was made in late 2013. The help documentation is suffering the lack of updates because the technical publications team was laid off in January 2013. Technical publications is suppose to be out sourced. What that really means to the community is there is no quick turn around for online help documentation. In fact we are seeing most of the help documentation become stagnated without any changes since the team was laid off.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sueallen

Post by sueallen »

Either this option needs to be given to all members, or the Print Directory needs to allow printing in all black characters. Those gray phone numbers and email addresses are unreadable, even with the biggest font. I'm a female and therefore can't be given rights to be a clerk. Too bad.... I need a readable printed ward list for an older ward member who doesn't do computers much. Please fix this!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sueallen wrote:Those gray phone numbers and email addresses are unreadable, even with the biggest font.
You may want to explore your print options for something that will fix this. If something is clearly visible on the screen, but not in print, then that seems to me to be a problem with the printer, not with the content.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sueallen

Post by sueallen »

They are almost as unreadable on the screen. Gray is NOT a good color for screens or printing. Please make it all black! Why have the gray at all? The bold family names and indented information are good distinguishers between families. I made the font as large as possible, but there is no choice to change colors.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sueallen wrote:They are almost as unreadable on the screen. Gray is NOT a good color for screens or printing. Please make it all black!
On my computer it is all black. The only difference is that some of the font is bold and some of the font is normal. When printed the entire document is black font with bold and normal font. I do not see any gray.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jla59

Post by jla59 »

When printing the directory PDF, I've always had the same issue as sueallen with some info being too gray using a 1200 dpi laser printer set to print black and white. I end up resorting to third party software to edit the PDF.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”