Building Scheduler - out of unit

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
david.north

Building Scheduler - out of unit

Post by david.north »

How do we assign an out-of-unit member (YSA Stake) as a building scheduler? It appears that only in-unit members show up in the list of possible building schedulers.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Building Scheduler - out of unit

Post by russellhltn »

This was an old problem, but I'm surprised it's not fixed. Have you confirmed that this person is properly set up as a out-of-unit leader and they show up with their calling in the directory?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
david.north

Post by david.north »

Yes. I can confirm that no YSA stake leaders, who are all set up properly as out-of-unit leaders show up in the list of members who can be added as building schedulers,
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I can confirm that none of the out-of-unit stake leaders in my YSA stake can be added as building schedulers, either. We don't use the building schedulers function, so I never noticed the problem before...
david.north

Calender, Building Scheduler needs to support out-of-unit

Post by david.north »

In our YSA stake, we cannot assign a building scheduler who is out-of-unit to our calendars. The drop-list of available members does not show any out-of-unit members at all.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Calender, Building Scheduler needs to support out-of-uni

Post by jdlessley »

Only members with their record in a unit of the stake can be assigned the Calendar building scheduler role. The programmers are aware of the need for units such as young single adult stakes to be able to use out of unit members to fill the position. They are working on a solution.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

jdlessley wrote:They are working on a solution.
Don't let someone on this board who isn't a church employee with direct involvement in coding the app or anyone else tell you 'it's on the list' because, there are literally thousands of things on the list and have been for many years.

Find a work around - the rest of us have been waiting 2 years already (as it was a deficiency identified almost immediately as it was rolled out).
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
david.north

Post by david.north »

John,

Thanks for your candid reply. One reason I surfaced this here is there is no "Feedback" link that I can find on Calendar. I've been told that the developers don't consistently monitor these forums, but that "Feedback" goes directly to them.

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Moderator note: The threads have been merged as they cover the same topic. The "Feedback" area is for feedback on tech.lds.org. Feedback for the calendar can be submitted from the main lds.org page.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

david.north wrote:John,

Thanks for your candid reply. One reason I surfaced this here is there is no "Feedback" link that I can find on Calendar. I've been told that the developers don't consistently monitor these forums, but that "Feedback" goes directly to them.

Thanks.
You can use any "Feedback" link on lds.org to provide feedback. They all go to the same place. So if a page doesn't have a link, just to to the lds.org home page and use the link there.

Return to “Calendar”