Need to find where a record went

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rmcneil007

Need to find where a record went

Post by rmcneil007 »

Our ward recently received records for a 7 year old and 5 year old siblings, with the 7 year old listed as head of household. The 7 year old recently disappeared, as another ward requested the records, however, we still have the 5 year old. Is there any way to tell where a record was transferred to so we can get the family record together again?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Need to find where a record went

Post by russellhltn »

If you've kept the transaction reports, you should have that.

One trick I used to use is use is a special request to "regroup" with another person.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

One thing you could do is request the record back (if you know the full name and birthdate) and on his IOS it will show previous unit info. Then you can rejoin the household and send it back. This is not generally a good idea after a record has been gone for more than a couple of days, as the person may have a calling assigned, etc. in the new ward which would be disrupted, but I don't think this is a concern for the 7-year old. I think the bigger concern in this case is not losing him or his sibling.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:This is not generally a good idea after a record has been gone for more than a couple of days, as the person may have a calling assigned, etc. in the new ward which would be disrupted, but I don't think this is a concern for the 7-year old.
It would disrupt any HT assignments. I think I'd try my "group with". Or call LUS. When you explain what you want, they can probably help.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”