Future Missionary nametags

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
slb1900

Future Missionary nametags

Post by slb1900 »

Hi everyone, a little while ago our ward Primary decided to buy "Future Missionary" nametags for the children in a Primary activity. A rough example of what they bought can be seen here: http://postimg.org/image/wmjikt0jh/.

This is one of those cases where I feel weirded out, but I don't know if it's for a good reason or if it just comes from my own belief system. For example, I'm not allowed to use my own missionary nametag anymore, which suggests to me that there would be a "hands-off" policy about missionary nametags in general, including imitation ones. Likewise, the prospect of having investigators arrive at church to see 10-12 kids running around with missionary tags on their shirt pockets makes me wonder what kind of impression they'd take away. At the same time, I don't find anything other than what's in Handbook 2, 21.1.10, which is about the official logo, but not missionary nametags. Is it just me, or does the Church discourage the use of imitation nametags? If so, are there any known limits other than not using the official Church logo?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Future Missionary nametags

Post by aebrown »

slb1900 wrote:Is it just me, or does the Church discourage the use of imitation nametags? If so, are there any known limits other than not using the official Church logo?
I see no evidence that imitation nametags are prohibited, as long as they don't have the Church logo. Note that Deseret Book and the BYU Bookstore sell similar items, and both those stores are owned by the Church.

Return to “General Discussions”