The directory won't load when I log in

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
sforbes1

The directory won't load when I log in

Post by sforbes1 »

When I log in the directory doesn't display any information. Any insights?
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

It's working for me but I'm inside the church office building. Are you signing in on a PC? Are you going to http://www.lds.org and signing in or are you going to the web site, choosing directory and then signing in? Are you able to access other applications like Calendar or Lesson Schedules? Let us know.
QA Engineer
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

LisaAn wrote:Are you signing in on a PC? Are you going to http://www.lds.org and signing in or are you going to the web site, choosing directory and then signing in?
Its working fine for me also. I tried both methods of signing in and both worked fine.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
meganarner

Re: The directory won't load when I log in

Post by meganarner »

Won't load for me either. Tried chrome and firefox logging in from my home computer. Some things load, but individual households will not. Just has a spinning loading thing.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

How long has this been going on? There are several issues that can contribute to the Directory not loading.

Have you checked the other LDS.org Tools such as Calendar, Newsletter, or Lesson Schedules to see if they also have problems? Have you tried another computer with a different Internet connection?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
gfauver

Post by gfauver »

just now it took about 25 minutes to load someones profile on the directory
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

When I asked how long this has been going on the reference was to how many days has this particular problem been experienced. If several tries are attempted each day and those attempts occur over a period greater than a day or two then there may be something more than temporary problems on the church server end. Eliminating other causal areas such as the local computer and even the ISP Internet connection should be eliminated by attempting on another computer that is not on the same Internet connection network. Checking with other Church members in your unit about their capabilities can also be beneficial in determining if there is a problem with the unit data.

Edit: I just checked and there seems to be a problem with the church servers or something on their end causing the problem. I will check again later on Friday to see if the problem persists. If it does not get resolved on Friday there is little chance there will be any change over the weekend.
JD Lessley
mevans

Post by mevans »

I know this was reported a few days ago, so this isn't timely testing, but I was just able to go the the directory successfully. I also did last night.

Is anyone still having a problem with this?
wisniew

Post by wisniew »

I am seeing this also, but NOT for everyone in the ward. So far just one family. Win 7, Mozilla and Chrome. Sounds like a problem with the individual account/profile.
rickb

Post by rickb »

I am having the same problem with loading the directory, maps, and calendar. Like most, I just the spinning wheel that says "loading". This has been happening for a few weeks. My cat sat on my keyboard and I think something got changed! I HAVE been able to load it in the past. I am using the most recent version of Firefox and Windows 7. Haven't quite been able how to figure out how to fix it? Any help would be appreciated!!

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”