Error when generating organization directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mtwerner

Error when generating organization directory

Post by mtwerner »

My wife is ward Relief Society president and has been unable to generate an organization directory for several weeks. I tested all the ward organizations and only Relief Society and Adults don't work properly. I've tried this in several browsers. In IE and Safari (Apple) I get just a blank window. In Chrome it says "loading" and never comes back. Using Firefox I get a little more of a clue. Adobe Reader says, "Adobe Reader could not open 'printedDirectory-10.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)." Ideas?
mevans

Re: Error when generating organization directory

Post by mevans »

Have you tried different computers and/or LDS Accounts to see if the problem exists there? That will help determine if the problem is related to your account, your computer, or your unit.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mtwerner wrote:I tested all the ward organizations and only Relief Society and Adults don't work properly.
Sounds like a data problem with the unit. I'd ask the clerks to check into it and see if they can narrow it down.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mtwerner

Post by mtwerner »

One would indeed assume that there's something in the data, but what would anyone look for? I'm the stake clerk and am even a computer programmer, but I have no idea where one would start, short of moving records out until the directory works--which is not really a feasible solution.

I'm just hoping someone from the Church is monitoring these posts and could take a look. After all, I'm just following instructions. The "directory help" website says if I need help I should post my question here.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mtwerner wrote:One would indeed assume that there's something in the data, but what would anyone look for? I'm the stake clerk and am even a computer programmer, but I have no idea where one would start, short of moving records out until the directory works--which is not really a feasible solution.
I'd start by seeing if you can duplicate the problem under your account. As Stake Clerk, I wouldn't expect any privacy settings to apply to you which may apply to your wife's account.

You might also try unchecking different details to include in the directory.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mtwerner

Post by mtwerner »

It happens under my account, as well. I removed all information except the name and got the same error. Also, in response to a prior post, this has been tried on different computers and different browsers.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you go to https://www.lds.org/header and capture the text, and send that as a PM, I'll forward it to the developers.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Info forwarded.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”