Missionary address

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
Jester_ag

Missionary address

Post by Jester_ag »

when you look at the unit Directory and see the section for Missionary, is there anyway to add the missionaries mission address (Mission office) and possible the email address? similar to what you have on the plaques on the wall? or is that something that is not available to do?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missionary address

Post by russellhltn »

I believe it's all set by the mission office. It's not under the ward's control.

I suspect a high-level policy has been set as far as what is to be visible. It would probably be up to the Missionary Department to make request changes to the features.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cworlton

Post by cworlton »

At one point posting a mission address was under the control of the ward web site coordinator. My son is on a mission and I would like his contact information (mission address and email address) to appear on the ward web site. Are you saying that in order for this to be posted, I should be contacting his mission?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

cworlton wrote:At one point posting a mission address was under the control of the ward web site coordinator. My son is on a mission and I would like his contact information (mission address and email address) to appear on the ward web site. Are you saying that in order for this to be posted, I should be contacting his mission?
No. The mission controls the information about which ward or wards the missionary is assigned to. But there is no provision at this time for missionary contact information to show up in the Directory. That ability in the old ward web sites was removed and hasn't been replaced. From what I've heard the Missionary department has not approved providing missionary addresses and emails. I don't know the reason but it may be related to privacy laws in some countries.

A ward can use the Newsletter tool to post missionary contact information. That's pretty much the only way to do it now that I know of.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”