New Members

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
JRP1975

New Members

Post by JRP1975 »

We are having a problem with new moved in members where the address for the membership isn't in our city/ward and should be in another ward. Not sure if I can easily explain this for instance the address such as 100 east main street in our city we are getting records for 100 east main street from another city close by? No easy way to explain it. :confused:
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New Members

Post by russellhltn »

There's two possible sources of the problem. First, the CHQ may not properly understand the address or your boundaries. For the latter, I'd suggest you go to the CDOL and look at your ward boundaries on the map. Make sure they correspond to what you expect them to be. You might also input the addresses into maps.lds.org and see what ward comes up.

The second source of problems is that some clerks think they're being helpful when they specify the new ward when moving records. Unless they are moving records to a specialty ward, such as a language or singles ward, that's not necessary and may actually be detrimental. The clue here would be if the records keep coming from the same ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote: For the latter, I'd suggest you go to the CDOL and look at your ward boundaries on the map. Make sure they correspond to what you expect them to be.
maps.lds.org also lets you see your boundaries.
JRP1975

Post by JRP1975 »

Thank you Ryan and Russell, that will give me a start in the direction. This has happened twice in the last month. Thanks again

Return to “Membership Help”