Calling Release

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
bloomfieldj

Calling Release

Post by bloomfieldj »

A member in our ward was recently released, however if look at his individual record it still shows the calling. But if you go the that organization he is not listed under that calling. Any ideas on how to remedy this issue. Thanks.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Calling Release

Post by sbradshaw »

Did you open his individual record after you made the change under organizations? The individual record page doesn't refresh automatically.
bloomfieldj

Post by bloomfieldj »

Yes we have opened the individual record. When I pull it up on lds.org under clerk resources it shows as a custom calling. But in mls at the church there is no callings under the custom tab.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

What is listed for the member in CDOL? If there is a calling for him there then MLS and CDOL have gotten out of sync. To correct this follow the procedure in Correcting duplicate or missing callings.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

bloomfieldj wrote:Yes we have opened the individual record. When I pull it up on lds.org under clerk resources it shows as a custom calling. But in mls at the church there is no callings under the custom tab.
Given it's a discrepancy between MLS and the online tools, have you done a Send/Receive Changes? I imagine you have, but sometimes people do forget that step and it would result in no changes being sent from MLS to LDS.org. It's important to Send/Receive frequently... (Just verifying this before you go through more complicated steps.)
bloomfieldj

Post by bloomfieldj »

Yes we have done a send and receive. It's not just between lds.org and mls though. In the individual record it shows his calling as organization - bishopric, calling - assistant ward clerk. But under the organization tab if you go to bishopric he doesn't show up. This is all in mls. However if I access it from home through clerk resources he does show up as a custom calling under the bishopric organization. Now back again to mls if I look under the custom callings in the bishopric organization he doesn't show up.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

bloomfieldj wrote:Yes we have done a send and receive. It's not just between lds.org and mls though. In the individual record it shows his calling as organization - bishopric, calling - assistant ward clerk. But under the organization tab if you go to bishopric he doesn't show up. This is all in mls. However if I access it from home through clerk resources he does show up as a custom calling under the bishopric organization. Now back again to mls if I look under the custom callings in the bishopric organization he doesn't show up.
I believe the official, non-custom calling is "ward assistant clerk," not "assistant ward clerk."
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

bloomfieldj wrote:Yes we have done a send and receive. It's not just between lds.org and mls though. In the individual record it shows his calling as organization - bishopric, calling - assistant ward clerk. But under the organization tab if you go to bishopric he doesn't show up. This is all in mls. However if I access it from home through clerk resources he does show up as a custom calling under the bishopric organization. Now back again to mls if I look under the custom callings in the bishopric organization he doesn't show up.
From his individual record the calling should be a link that will let you edit it.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

When you look in Clerk Resources, do you see multiple bishoprics? We discovered an issue in MLS where callings may not import correctly from CDOL when there are multiple bishoprics. This sounds like it could be related to that. If so, it will be fixed in MLS 3.7.1 as part of a major revision to the CDOL file processor.

Without having a look at the data, it's hard to speculate beyond that guess.
bloomfieldj

Post by bloomfieldj »

Thanks for all the responses, have to wait until I get back to the ward house to give it a try. Thanks.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”