Gospel Library for Android

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
jdurry

Gospel Library for Android

Post by jdurry »

I currently have version 2.6.1.7 and have heard there is a newer version. How do iI download the newer version. James Urry
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel Library for Android

Post by russellhltn »

Typically if you go to the play store, and select "my apps", you'll see all the items that have updates waiting for them. Just select the GL app and click "update". There's also an option to automatically update.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Gospel Library 3 is currently in Beta testing.
See this post for more information:
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=18001#

I am running it and the only problem I have seen thus far (personally) is some of my conference talk shortcuts changed unexpectedly so I had to re-establish them.
rdasante

Post by rdasante »

Could you share apk or link to apk of GL 3.0 Beta please?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

https://plus.google.com/u/0/#communitie ... 5251519476
(sign in to google+ and then search for "Gospel Library" to find the community)

You have to join the community, then "Change Testing Status" (on the right side of the page). After that, you are now considered a "tester" and the Beta will be available as an update from the Play Store. You don't have to actually do any "testing" if you don't want to...
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

GL 3.0.0.4 Beta is now out. PM me an e-mail address and I will forward the e-mail that provides instructions on how to get the apk file if you desire that option (instead of signing up as a tester as listed above). Note: My e-mail address starts with "4ward..."

I have not updated to 3.0.0.4 yet, so cannot comment on the stability/bug fixes/improvements.
haneyrj

Post by haneyrj »

How do I keep the earlier version of Android Gospel Library? I do not like the new interface of version 3.0 and would rather stick with what I prefer. I also do not appreciate it being updated without my approval.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

haneyrj wrote:I also do not appreciate it being updated without my approval.
Your phone is where the preference for auto-update resides. For my phone, that preference is for all apps. There is no individual, or by app, setting. I have all my apps set for manual update but with a notice when an update is available.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:
haneyrj wrote:For my phone, that preference is for all apps. There is no individual, or by app, setting.
On my phone there is a setting for all apps as well as setting for each individual app. The settings can be found in the Play Store.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:The settings can be found in the Play Store.
That's right - I forgot about that. I had changed those settings for those undesirable bloat apps that came with my phone that can't be fully removed without rooting and voiding the warranty.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Android Gospel Library”