GL3 Search Broke

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
McEwanBr

GL3 Search Broke

Post by McEwanBr »

The search functionality in GL3 is abysmally broke.

Try searching for a favorite phrase from the scriptures. I have yet to get a match, except when I searched: as a man thinketh

That did NOT provide a match for the actual verse in Proverbs, yet it provided a match in the Guide to the Scriptures manual.

:mad:
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: GL3 Search Broke

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you using the newest (blue-themed) version, Gospel Library 3.4?
McEwanBr

Post by McEwanBr »

Yep.
IMG_7188.png
(60 KiB) Downloaded 415 times
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

I know it probably doesn't help, but I just did this search now (see screen shot), and it gave me 1 answer in "Scriptures", and when I click that, it shows 1 in "Guide to the Scriptures" (which I find odd, why isn't it showing Proverbs 23:7 which is where that scripture is from?), when I click on that, I see an entry for "Heart" with this and at least 3 other scriptures previewed, and when I click on that, I get a bunch of entries.
search.jpg
NOTE: I started my search at "Library" - I did not first navigate to the Guide to the Scriptures. I'll try that now: Did that and got the index of entries. Hit the search icon and my search was still there, hit the Search button on the keyboard and it brought up the same results. So the search must not be location sensitive like it is on the android (at least prior to the latest update, which I haven't downloaded cuz I don't think I'll like it).

iPhone 5s

I'll help more if I can, but I'll be trading in the iPhone for a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as soon as the guys at work can get it in and switch my number over.

Liz
McEwanBr

Post by McEwanBr »

Strange, you get more up front results than I do.

I started my search at library and only got the one hit in the Guide to the Scriptures.
IMG_5771.png
(92 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
IMG_6760.png
(32 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
I was hoping that the developers lurk this forum. From past experience, if they do they don't respond much :-(.

I will try their Facebook page as well as email.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Does it only search books/collections that you've already downloaded?
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

I wonder that too. My iPhone has everything downloaded.

Liz
McEwanBr

Post by McEwanBr »

I would suspect only downloaded items get queried but have no proof of that. I do however have the full standard works downloaded yet it misses the hit(s) directly in the scriptures that I am looking for.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

In your second post/set of screens, you show that there's a match in the Guide to the Scriptures. Have you opened that up and looked at the entry it links to? Is it the entry for "Heart"? Cuz if you use that to go to Proverbs, you will find that the direct quote is different from your search phrase and from the way they phrase it in the Guide to the Scriptures (something I keep forgetting). Perhaps that's why there's not a direct match to Proverbs?

Liz
McEwanBr

Post by McEwanBr »

I appreciate what you are saying but the point is that it is not getting directly to the scripture. This search has a "work around" like you've pointed out. But I've done other scriptural searches that have yielded nothing. I'm just trying to get some eyeballs on this issue so it can get fixed in a future release.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”