seminary.lds.org REGISTRATION

Discussions about other Church websites
1968leocomeeatabite

seminary.lds.org REGISTRATION

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

I have spend 30-40 minutes trying to find recent information on registration of our seminary students.
I assumed that seminary.lds.org is a separate website from lds.org so I began this new topic here. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I found the instructions of the new seminary registration instructions at seminary.lds.org. Which indicate that the Priesthood leaders would have the opportunity track or observe the progress. I also read that the seminary personal would be giving us some communication. We have recieved no communication from our stake leaders or our seminary teachers.

Has anyone had any activity in this area? I am getting a little nervous, as other years we are wrapping it up in another couple of weeks. Should we go ahead and log in and see what is happening? Should we be encouraging our parents and youth?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: seminary.lds.org REGISTRATION

Post by russellhltn »

If no one has directed you to the site, then it's possible that your area is not participating at this time. I'd start calling your "upline" for direction.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:If no one has directed you to the site, then it's possible that your area is not participating at this time. I'd start calling your "upline" for direction.
The official letter dated 13 Jan 2014 titled "New Online System for Seminary Registration" was directed to all stake presidents and bishops in US/Canada, so I think it's pretty clear that Payson, Utah would be participating.

However, the letter said:
The online registration system will be available in mid-January 2014. Your local seminary
representative will contact you to determine when to begin the registration process for the 2014–
2015 school year. Parents will be contacted by the local seminary representative to tell them how
to register their youth, when to start the process, and what information will be required. For
additional information about this new process, please contact your local seminary representative.
So the correct contact would be the local seminary representative.

In our area, we have done this registration in February in years past, but we just got information from our seminary representative that the registration won't start until March 31. Of course that's specific to our location, but I mention that just to show that deadlines might be quite different under this new system.
1968leocomeeatabite

Ok, Great! Thank You.
1968leocomeeatabite

Well it is a year later, I have not heard any comments about registering Seminary. I am guessing it would be wise for us to begin the process now rather than waiting for some direction later and be rushed to get it done. Has anybody got it going yet? Traditionally before the online reg. we would start in Feb.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Last year our stake used the online registration system. I saw it from both sides as a clerk and as the father of a seminary student. It worked smoothly. The only real challenge was following up with ask the parents to make sure they actually registered, but that did get done.

Return to “Other Websites”