Home Teaching Reports

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
geysser

Home Teaching Reports

Post by geysser »

So if you are a PH leader, how can you go back (like in the Finance section) and see which families have been home taught in a particular month or time period?

It appears the default is to show you the last 3 months, the latest month included. For example if you log-in on Feb. 1, December, January and February appear on the report. Since the leader hasn't collected January's home teaching information yet and February barely began, Jan and Feb are blank. How useful is a report like that?

Solution would be to allow a 'custom date range' like in finance, or have the default be the latest 3 months prior to the month you are currently in.

Is that possible? It seems like the current system isn't very useful, unless of course I am doing something incorrectly.

Thanks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Home Teaching Reports

Post by jdlessley »

geysser wrote:So if you are a PH leader, how can you go back (like in the Finance section) and see which families have been home taught in a particular month or time period?
For this a custom report can be created that will show the home teaching by individual or by household as far back as twelve months. There are three formats for HT statistics - 3, 6, or 12 months. When the report is viewed there will be a column for each month and a check mark in the months the individual or household was visited.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
geysser

Post by geysser »

How do you access the 3 formats? Or create the custom report? Answers were not found on the two links (RKATS and LDSTech Wiki) provided. What is frustrating is that a standard report would be work if a change (date range option) were made in the MLS system instead of each user creating their own custom report. Thank you.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

If you want to see the HT for individuals the custom report could have no criteria, which would include nonmembers as well as members, and then on the Format tab check either "HT Statistics (12 months)", "HT Statistics (6 months)", or "HT Statistics (3 months)". If you wanted just members then add the criteria "Member Status", compare value of "is", and value of "member".

Since HT is reported by household then I recommend adding the criteria attribute "Head of Household", compare value of "is", and value of "Head of Household". Then one of the three formats for the time periods would be checked on the Format tab.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

geysser wrote:So if you are a PH leader, how can you go back (like in the Finance section) and see which families have been home taught in a particular month or time period?
If you only need to check on few families, you can simply click on the percentage in the Visits column in the Households Being Home Taught screen. This will bring up a popup box that shows the last 12 months of visits.

However, if you want the information for all households, you'll need a custom report as jdlessley describes.
geysser

Post by geysser »

Thanks for the advice on creating the report! It works other than I need to print two.......one for the HP membership and one for the single sisters, but it will work.

I wish the Membership team would give us the same flexibility that the Finance team gave me as a financial clerk. But, oh well.
geysser

Post by geysser »

Hopefully the last question.......we're getting there. As you know some partial member families that are in the Elders Quorum are assigned to the HP Group. How can I collect that information in the custom reports suggested? There isn't a custom field entitled (which would be great) 'assigned to', indicating that a family not generally assigned to the HP, can still be reported on as part of the HP group reporting. I hope that made sense....... :)

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”