LDS Tools Android - Calendar

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
david.saunders

LDS Tools Android - Calendar

Post by david.saunders »

The only view I can get is the agenda view and within that view, most of the real-estate is used by displaying a single event. Is there a way to see the weekly or monthly calendar views?
Gary_Miller

Re: LDS Tools Android - Calendar

Post by Gary_Miller »

Not in LDS tools. You will have to go to LDS.ORG for weekly or monthly calendar view. Or you could sync the calendar to your Google calendar or what ever other calendar you use then you can see weekly view.
david.saunders

Post by david.saunders »

thanks
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

Yesterday we had a Stake RS fireside. I had forgotten what time it started. I checked my android Tablet (lds tools app) and I also check the lds.org website and they both had the fireside at the same location but the starting time was different. The LDS TOOLS (TABLET) SAID 6:00 p.m. AND THE LDS.ORG website said 7:00 p.m. Is this a syncing problem? If I remember correctly the start time was changed a couple times.

Another question how do I correctly refer to a tablet app LDS Tools, and differentiate with the lsd.org tools on the website?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:Yesterday we had a Stake RS fireside. I had forgotten what time it started. I checked my android Tablet (lds tools app) and I also check the lds.org website and they both had the fireside at the same location but the starting time was different. The LDS TOOLS (TABLET) SAID 6:00 p.m. AND THE LDS.ORG website said 7:00 p.m. Is this a syncing problem? If I remember correctly the start time was changed a couple times.
It's certainly likely that the new issue wasn't synced. The mobile apps require a sync to have current information. That sync doesn't happen automatically -- you have to manually do the sync. Although the app will eventually remind -- and finally demand -- that you sync, your calendar (and other data in LDS Tools) might be days or weeks out of date if you haven't synced recently.

It's also possible that there is a time zone issue on one of the devices involved, but if the event was once scheduled for 6pm and it ended up being at 7pm, this sounds much more like a case where your LDS Tools on your tablet just hadn't been synced. All you have to do is sync, and if it changes to 7pm, you'll know for sure.
1968leocomeeatabite wrote:Another question how do I correctly refer to a tablet app LDS Tools, and differentiate with the lsd.org tools on the website?
In my opinion, the term "LDS Tools" refers only to the actual mobile app. Generally I refer to the specific tools on LDS.org by their individual names (Calendar, Directory, Newsletter, etc.). It's rare that I need to refer to them collectively, but when I do, I use lowercase and refer to "the tools on LDS.org".
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

aebrown wrote:
1968leocomeeatabite wrote:Another question how do I correctly refer to a tablet app LDS Tools, and differentiate with the lsd.org tools on the website?
In my opinion, the term "LDS Tools" refers only to the actual mobile app. Generally I refer to the specific tools on LDS.org by their individual names (Calendar, Directory, Newsletter, etc.). It's rare that I need to refer to them collectively, but when I do, I use lowercase and refer to "the tools on LDS.org".
It's very important to make this distinction and be clear when training. Like aebrown, when I say LDS Tools, I'm always talking about the app – but for people learning, they will sometimes switch around the terms.

Depending on the context and level of understanding, for the app I say "LDS Tools," "LDS Tools app," or "LDS Tools mobile app." For the online resources I say "LDS.org tools," "LDS.org online tools," "LDS.org Calendar," "LDS.org Directory," etc.

Adding to the confusion, I received an email today with a question where the person called the Gospel Library app "LDS tools." The reason it's confusing is because there is an LDS.org Notes tool, which syncs with the Gospel Library app but doesn't have anything to do with the LDS Tools app...
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

Great Thanks you guys.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”